Icon Yachts and Bristow-Holmes recently announce the sale of the first in a radical new series of Yachts to be built in Holland by the Dutch Master Yacht Builder. “The Gotham Project” is an extremely innovative, bold and exciting Superyacht that was born out of the passion and determination of Bristow-Holmes, Ivan Erdevicki and Icon Yachts to develop something new and different.
The 46 Metre Aluminium Superyacht has been designed in partnership with Ivan Erdevicki and renowned naval architects Van Oossanen along with a great amount of input and detail from the owner and his broker. The result is this truly remarkable vessel. With Van Oossanen’s patented FDHF hull and Hull Vane, the yacht performs efficiently and fast.
The exterior features 5 unique exterior guest zones:
- Recessed Waterside Bar Unit on the aft bathing platform for greeting and entertaining clients on arrival/during water sports activities
- Capacious Aft Cockpit with seating for up to 16 guests in a relaxed style
- Forward Sunbathing Area with Plunge Pool
- Large Flybridge with a striking central staircase to the Sundeck, symmetrical bar units to port and starboard and large “U Shaped” seating around rise and fall hydraulic coffee tables with rotating table tops that convert to form an extremely large sun pad
- Sundeck with dining/seating for up to 16 guests around two unique dining tables with glass tops that allow natural light to penetrate through the tables and the subsequent glass panels set into the floor below thus allowing light into the vessels sky lounge. The Sundeck converts into a DJ area.
The unique exterior design created by Ivan Erdevicki flow through to the interior which has also been designed by the Canadian-based designer.
“With such a striking exterior, it was important that we followed this through to the interior areas of the yacht, however, careful consideration was required to ensure that the whole vessel flowed throughout. It has been a pleasure working with the owner and his representatives to date and we are looking forward to seeing this striking yacht coming to life.”- Ivan Erdevicki, ER Design
The interior of “The Gotham Project” features several unique aspects:
- Comprehensive AV appliances throughout the vessel, from pop up exterior speakers to the private cinema room with ambient lighting.
- First Vessel under 60 meters with a Glass Wine Cellar in the lower deck lobby
- Extremely spacious full beam master cabin with private office, glass ceiling, capacious open shower and impressive lighting throughout.
- Side Loading Tender Bay and Gymnasium
- Accommodation for up to 10 Guests in 5 cabins
- Independent Crew Access to the Lower Deck for easier servicing of the guest areas
- Capacious Galley and servery with walk in fridge/freezers for extended long range cruising
The Gotham Project is the first in a series of Yachts to be built by Icon Yachts in partnership with Bristow-Holmes. “Together with Ivan Erdevicki, and the rest of the team at ICON we have created a truly unique and remarkable platform series of yachts. The Gotham Project embodies the Bristow-Holmes Ethos of bringing a “Fresh, Bold Approach to the World of Yachting” and we are delighted to have hull number 1 under construction. We are looking forward to discussing the project with future prospective purchasers and developing the series further with other purchasers” – Harry Bristow-Holmes, Bristow-Holmes Founder and CEO.
The Gotham Project doesn’t just look the part, her comprehensive technical specification typifies Dutch Quality and Engineering:
- Hull Vane Fitted to the Transom increasing efficiency by 20% thus increasing range and performance. The second largest yacht to date ever built to feature this unique technology
- 24.5 Knot Top Speed from 2 x MTU 16V2000 Engines
- Range of 2950 nautical miles, impressive for a yacht of this size
- Well-proportioned garage with side loading tender bay
- Cutting edge naval architecture from Van Oossanen, offering unparalleled performance.
“From the very first introduction to the Gotham Project, it was clear that the intention was for this new yacht to stand out from the crowd. The yacht’s unmistakable and bold exterior styling was perhaps enough to achieve this alone. However, when further combined with a high level of specification, unparalleled performance and a Dutch shipyard with a thirst to break into the 40-50M market, the Gotham Project is clearly destined to become a stand out superyacht when delivered to her Owner in 2019.” – James Hutchinson, HYC
CEO Jen Wartena of Icon Yachts comments “This project has been one of the most innovative and exciting projects we have been involved in. It’s the culmination of a great deal of work spanning over 22 months since our initial discussions at the Monaco Yacht Show in September 2015 through to the signing of the shipbuilding contract earlier this week. Myself and the whole team at Icon Yachts are extremely proud to be building this particular vessel and look forward to future hull’s for future clients”.
Naval Architect Perry van Oossanen explains: “We feel privileged to be selected as the primary naval architect for such a bold project. Thanks to the open mindset of the owner and his team, this yacht makes a perfect showcase of the capabilities of combining our patented FDHF with the Hull Vane. This fully optimised performance package will affect 15-20% lower fuel consumption and approximately 1,5 knots additional maximum speed, resulting in a truly remarkable 24,5 knots max speed, considering the installed power.”
Delivery is due in June 2019 and keel laying to take place in October 2017.
The post Hull Vane Technology from Van Oossanen Naval Architects on new Icon Yachts project appeared first on SuperYacht Technology.